Ice Field Safety Course in Ivalo
The (IFS) curriculum includes the formation of ice and the factors that influence its decay, how to determine ice thickness, the identification of hazards, travelling on ice, self rescue and a range of options for the rescue of others – including single rescuer techniques for field personnel that work in pairs.
The curriculum also includes the medical complications posed by cold water immersion and hypothermia, and the significant implications for rescue and transport. Knowledge of ice safety is important for everybody who move on ice or are concerned of the safety of their close ones. Learn to rescue your self and people around you!
Course theory parts are done in Xwander Basecamp Ivalo (Ivalontie 12). The practical parts in Rahajärvi and or Inarinjärvi. We will enjoy some hot drinks and tent sauna between the sessions!
What’s included in this safety course?
- Full Protective gear for the course (Lifejackets, Drysuits, Boots)
- Rescue 3 certification & waterproof field guide
- All tuition
- 2 days (12h) of teaching
- Logistics between theory and practical course spots
- Hot drinks and tent sauna!
- Food (we’ll have lunch breaks on local restaurants)
What do I need to bring?
- We are working in cold and wet environment so bring warm clothing for the breaks.
Please note for IFS course
Cancellation policy: Cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the event
Duration: 2 days (12h)
Difficulty: Moderate (good health, basic swimming skills, normal fitness level)
Minimum age: 18
Course language: English