Discover winter fishing at Rahajärvi, Ivalo with our expert guides!
Embark on an unforgettable winter fishing adventure at Rahajärvi lake in Ivalo. Our experienced guides will introduce you to authentic Lappish ice fishing techniques, including:
- Ice drilling (“kairaaminen”)
- Traditional ice fishing (“pilkkiminen”)
- Under-ice net fishing (“juomustus”)
Navigate the frozen landscape with ease using snowshoes or skis, all provided by Xwander.
Once we’ve reeled in our catch, we’ll gather around a crackling fire to prepare and enjoy the freshest fish you’ve ever tasted. Experience various mouthwatering fish-cooking styles, with all necessary cooking and dining equipment supplied by Xwander.
Winter in conditions can vary a lot and change quickly. Wear warm and windproof clothing! If you’re uncertain regarding what to wear or bring, please contact us. We’re happy to help you choose adequate gear, and we can borrow you a proper winter overall if needed.
We have a temperature limit of -20°C: if it’s colder than this, we might cancel the trip. Also wind conditions (>10 m/s gusts) might lead to cancellation of the trip. In case the trip is cancelled by Xwander, no cancellation fee is charged from the customer.
Schedule and directions:
We start at 9:00 from Eräsoppi / Xwander shop (address Ivalontie 12). Please be at the shop latest at 8:45, so we have time for necessary preparations.
The total duration of the trip is around 6 h. We return to the shop between 15 and 16:00.
We have a pick up service for Inari, Nellim, Saariselkä and Kiilopää areas. Contact us ahead to book a transfer.
- This activity is run every Tuesday in November-April
- The trip is executed with a minimum of 2 participants.
If you have any questions about the day or it’s activities you can contact us by email or phone:
010 200 7633
- Drive to the location and back from Xwander shop
- Overalls if needed
- Safety equipment
- Open fire lunch
What is the cancellation policy?
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before the event
What do I need to bring?
- Warm and windproof clothing
- Water and snacks
- Camera/phone for pictures
Book With Confidence
- Local family owned business
- Personalized service
- Flexible itineraries
- Small group sizes
- +358 10 200 7633
- Mon-Sat 10-17:00 (GMT+2) Or send us a message if you prefer