On this 4h hour trip we combine snowshoe walk in the forest, views of Lake Inari and Aurora hunting. We have a beautiful walk to top of a fjell trough snowy forest. While we walk we look sings for willow and black grouses since they dig in the snow to escape cold temperatures.
Our walk is around the forests is easy and the focus is on enjoying the silence and beauty of Lapish wilderness, while spotting for northern lights. With groups with kids we will include some extra fun plays in deep snow. We will give you tips of photographing auroras and explain the science and forecasting of the Northern Lights.
Aurora Borealis, the Northern Lights is amazing phenomenon that is very dependant on weather, especially cloud coverage. You can book the tour with 100% free cancellation terms all the way to when we meet and check the final forecast in Xwander basecamp.
- We call you between 14-15:00 about the weather forecast. If the forecast is poor we will suggest an alternative day for the tour.
- We will start at 17:00 from Xwander Base Camp, Ivalontie 12, where we will together go over the fresh, real time forecast for the night. At this point you still have possibility to cancel with refund if the forecast looks uncertain.
- Duration of the whole trip is around 5 hours.
- Return to the Ivalo latest around 22-23:00
Minimum group size is 4, but please do contact us even if you are travelling solo.
We are outside for the whole duration of the trip so prepare for cold temperatures. We will contact you the same day between 14-15:00 to give information on weather forecast and what we suggest in terms of clothing and preparations.
What do I need to bring?
- Bring your camera and tripod or phone
- While we have some snack and hot drinks to offer it may be nice to have some of your own favorite snacks also!
- Head torch if you have one
- We will have warm drinks and small snacks for you for the the trip.
- If needed we will provide overalls, warm boots and mittens
- Snow shoes and poles
- Pickup and drop of in Ivalo region (Saariselkä & Kiilopää supplementary)
- Camera gear
Book With Confidence
- Local family owned business
- Personalized service
- Flexible itineraries
- Small group sizes
- +358 10 200 7633
- Mon-Sat 10-17:00 (GMT+2) Or send us a message if you prefer