On this 4-hour trip, we dive briefly into the science of Aurora Borealis and head into the beautiful nature of Northern Lapland to the locations that are most potential that evening to see this magical phenomenon.
In Northern Lapland, we are lucky to have a wide network of pathways in the wilderness as well as locations to set up campfires. We will hunt the Northern Lights with snowshoes, skis or car, depending on the weather.
Aurora Borealis, the Northern Lights is an amazing phenomenon that is very dependent on weather, especially cloud coverage. You can book the tour with 100% free cancellation terms all the way to when we meet and check the final forecast in Xwander basecamp.
Schedule and directions:
- We will call you between 14-15:00 about the weather forecast. If the forecast is poor we will suggest an alternative day for the tour.
- We will start at 18:00 from Xwander Basecamp, Ivalontie 12. Please be at the shop latest at 17:45, so we have time for the necessary preparations.
- Duration of the whole trip is around 4 hours.
- Return to the Ivalo around 22-23:00
- We have a complimentary pick-up service for the Ivalo area and supplementary for the Inari, Nellim, Saariselkä and Kiilopää areas. Contact us ahead to book a transfer.
- We are outside for the whole duration of the trip so prepare for cold temperatures
- For this trip to happen we will need a minimum of 4 participants to join, but please do contact us even if you are traveling solo
If you have any questions about the day or its activities you can contact us by email or phone:
+358 10 200 7633
We are outside for the whole duration of the trip so prepare for cold temperatures.
What is the cancellation policy?
We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 16 hours or less before the event
What do I need to bring?
- Bring your camera and/or phone!
- Head torch if you have one
Book With Confidence
- Local family owned business
- Personalized service
- Flexible itineraries
- Small group sizes
- We will have hot drinks and snacks for you for the the trip
- If needed we will provide overalls, warm boots and mittens