On this 3-hour trip, we combine a snowmobile sledge ride through the forest with Aurora spotting. We’ll embark on a beautiful ride across the snowy forest on top of the fjell, with panoramic views of Lake Inari. As we ride, we’ll keep an eye out for signs of wildlife, such as willow and black grouse, which may be hiding in the snow to escape the cold temperatures.
Our forest ride is easy and focuses on savoring the tranquility and beauty of the Lappish wilderness while searching for the Northern Lights. We’ll provide tips on photographing the auroras and explain the science and forecasting of the Northern Lights.
Aurora Borealis, the Northern Lights is an amazing phenomenon that is very dependent on weather, especially cloud coverage. You can book the tour with 100% free cancellation terms all the way to when we meet and check the final forecast in Xwander basecamp.
Schedule and directions:
- We will call you between 14-15:00 about the weather forecast. If the forecast is poor we will suggest an alternative day for the tour.
- We will start at 19:00 from Xwander Basecamp, Ivalontie 12.
- Duration of the whole trip is around 3 hours.
- Return to the Ivalo around 22-23:00
- We have a complimentary pick-up service for the Ivalo area and supplementary for the Inari, Nellim, Saariselkä and Kiilopää areas. Contact us ahead to book a transfer.
- We are outside for the whole duration of the trip so prepare for cold temperatures
- For this trip to happen we will need a minimum of 4 participants to join, but please do contact us even if you are traveling solo
If you have any questions about the day or its activities you can contact us by email or phone:
+358 10 200 7633
What is the cancellation policy?
We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 16 hours or less before the event
What do I need to bring?
- Bring your camera and tripod or phone
- While we have some snack and hot drinks to offer it may be nice to have some of your own favorite snacks also!
- Head torch if you have one
Book With Confidence
- Local family owned business
- Personalized service
- Flexible itineraries
- Small group sizes
- We will have warm drinks and small snacks for you for the the trip
- If needed we will provide overalls, warm boots and mittens
- Snow shoes and poles