This evening trip takes you to the world of Aurora Borealis, more commonly known by the name Northern Lights.
We will start this activity at Xwander offices in Ivalo town by gearing up with necessary winter clothing. Before departing outdoors – we’ll talk about the Northern Lights science, mythology and how to read forecasts in a form of short presentation.
The camp is located in the vicinity of Lake Inari and even though only 15 minutes ride from Ivalo to the North, it is completely hidden of light pollution.
At the camp, we will head to the lake ice and the forests for a stroll and talk more about the Northern Lights mythology and Arctic nature.
Back at the camp, it is time for Open Fire Cooking, while keeping our eyes on the sky between the dishes.
You can choose to combine your Aurora Camp with Ice Swimming and Tent Sauna! (You can make selection on your booking checkout)
Schedule and directions:
- We will call you between 14-15:00 about the weather forecast. If the forecast is poor we will suggest an alternative day for the tour.
- We will start at 18:00 from Xwander Base Camp, Ivalontie 12. Please be at the shop latest at 17:45, so we have time for the necessary preparations.
- Duration of the whole trip is around 4 hours.
- Return to the Ivalo latest around 22-23:00
- We have a complimentary pick-up service for the Ivalo area and supplementary for the Inari, Nellim, Saariselkä and Kiilopää areas (+20€ per person one way)
- Bring warm clothing since we spent good time out looking for Auroras, our lake can be windy and cold!
- For this trip to happen we will need a minimum of 4 participants to join, but please do contact us even if you are traveling solo
– When Booking, Please remember to mention dietary requirements and / or any allergies.
If you have any questions about the day or it’s activities you can contact us by email or phone:
+358 10 200 7633
What is the cancellation policy?
We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 16 hours or less before the event
What do I need to bring?
- Bring your camera and/or phone!
- Water & snacks
- Head torch if you have one
Book With Confidence
- Local family owned business
- Personalized service
- Flexible itineraries
- Small group sizes
- Transfers to and from the Aurora Camp
- Open fire dinner
- If needed we will provide overalls, warm boots and mittens