Join this guided trek to the untouched wilderness of Inari municipality.
Depending on the snow circumstances, we hike with either snowshoes or modern Finnish “gliding snowshoes” (short and wide, partly skin-based skis).
Our trek takes us deep in to the forest with no human-made structures or tracks, only untouched snow and calm nature. Learn about the nature and examine animal tracks, trying to figure out who made them. If we’re lucky, we can see willow grouses in their snow white winter outfit, grazing reindeers or even the biggest wild creature of Finland, moose.
Snowshoeing / skiing in the dark is a magical experience. With the safety provided by our headlamps, we can experience a silent and still forest. Moving around in a mid-winter forest is like walking on a cotton cloud. We head back to our transportation as the dusk sets.
Schedule and directions:
We start at 10:00 from Eräsoppi / Xwander shop (address Ivalontie 12). Please be at the shop latest at 9:45, so we have time for necessary preparations.
The total duration of the trip is around 6 h. We return to the shop between around 16:00.
We have a pick up service for Inari, Nellim, Saariselkä and Kiilopää areas. Contact us ahead to book a transfer.
- This activity is run every Tuesday in November-April
- The trip is executed with a minimum of 2 participants.
If you have any questions about the day or it’s activities you can contact us by email or phone:
+358 10 200 7633
What is the cancellation policy?
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before the event
What do I need to bring?
- Bring clothes suitable for outdoor activities
- Bring your water bottle and some small snacks
Book With Confidence
- Local family owned business
- Personalized service
- Flexible itineraries
- Small group sizes
- Transportations from Eräsoppi / Xwander shop to the site and back
- Snowshoes / gliding snow shoes and poles
- Proper winter overalls, boots, mittens if needed