Immerse yourself in the wonders of Northern Lapland with a five day semi-self-guided holiday tailored for independent travelers. Staying at the comfortable Xwander Suite apartments, you will have access to an extensive range of equipment, including backpacks, tents, sleeping bags, fatbikes, snowhoes, skis, and ice fishing gear, enabling you to create your own unique adventure. With expert guidance on the best routes and activities, you will have the freedom to explore the Arctic wilderness and make lasting memories.
What to Expect
A suggestion itinerary for your holiday:
Day 1 – Arrival in Ivalo & Xwander Suite Apartments
Upon arrival in Ivalo, make your way to the Xwander Suite apartments, where you will settle into your cozy accommodation. Familiarize yourself with the available gear and equipment, and start planning your adventure for the following days using the provided maps and expert recommendations.
Day 2 – Ice-fishing & snowshoeing
- Start the day with a hearty breakfast.
- Gear up with the provided rental equipment, including snowshoes and ice fishing gear.
- Embark on a guided snowshoeing walk through the picturesque winter landscapes of Northern Lapland.
- Learn the art of ice fishing and try your luck in the frozen lakes.
- Enjoy the serenity of nature and immerse yourself in the peaceful atmosphere.
- Make yourself a lunch in the open fire, or take add just water-lunch on the go.
- Return to your accommodation and spend a cozy evening.
Day 3 – Fatbiking and arctic wilderness
- Enjoy breakfast and prepare for an exhilarating fatbiking adventure.
- Ride through the Arctic wilderness, feeling the thrill of winter cycling.
- Explore the scenic trails and embrace the freedom of riding through the snow.
- Take breaks to soak in the breathtaking landscapes and capture memorable photos.
- Stop to have a luch outside, or stop in the nice restaurant to have a lunch.
- Return to your accommodation and unwind after an active day.
Day 4 – Cross-country skiing and aurora hunting
- After dinner, equip yourself with cross-country skis and backpacks provided in the package.
- Take your skies and aheasd to the adventure, exploring the pristine trails of the region.
- Discover the beauty of Lapland’s winter scenery as you glide through the snow-covered landscapes.
- Make yourselves a tasty dinner or evening snack outside, or enjoy our add juts water-packages.
- Spend the evening under the starry sky, surrounded by the tranquility of nature.
- If you’re lucky, you might see the Northern Lights on top of you,
Day 5 – Departure
Make the most of your final day in Northern Lapland by embarking on one last adventure, whether it’s a leisurely hike in the pristine wilderness or a scenic bike ride through the vibrant arctic landscapes. As your holiday comes to an end, return your equipment and bid farewell to the Xwander Suite apartments. Depart from Ivalo with a wealth of unforgettable memories and a newfound appreciation for the beauty and tranquility of Northern Lapland.
You'll be staying at Xwander Suites, located in the center of Ivalo Village. Middle of Northern Lapland and the widest wilderness areas of European Union. Apartments are air conditioned and highly equipped. In the same building you have access to all of Xwander rental equipment that are complimentary for you to use during your stay.
- Transfers from Ivalo Airport or bus station
- Accommodation in a comfortable and spacious double apartment
- All the aforementioned activities, meals and transfers to and from activities
- Flights to and from destination
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Gear & clothing needed for activities
What is the cancellation policy
- Cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before the event
- Cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 30 days or less before the event
- Cancellation fee of 30% if booking is cancelled 45 days or less before the event
What do I need to bring?
- Clothing & gear suitable for all weathers
- Good walking shoes
- A small backpack for daily outings
What is the recommended minimum age?
All of the activities are beginner friendly and suitable for 14 years+ with minimum moderate fitness level.
Book With Confidence
- Local family owned business
- Personalized service
- Flexible itineraries
- Small group sizes
- +358 10 200 7633
- Mon-Sat 10-17:00 (GMT+2) Or send us a message if you prefer