Join us for a guided day in the beautiful village of Inari, which is the cultural heart of the indigenous people of Lapland, the Sámi people. During our day, we’ll familiarize ourselves with the immeasurably valuable Sámi culture and traditional Lappish reindeer herding.
We will visit the well-known, astonishing Sámi museum, “Siida”, where you’ll learn a lot about the interesting history and culture of the area, its indigenous people and the surrounding nature.
We’ll move to harbour where we board a electric-hybrid Catamaran for a cruise to Lake Inari. Lake Inari Cruise is an easy way to experience the biggest arctic wilderness lake in Northern Lapland.
Lake Inari is the third largest lake in Finland and is home to over 3300 islands. The sacred Ukko Island (or Ukko’s Rock) was historically used as a Sámi sacrificial offering site right up until the 19th century. We will cruise around the island and admire the spectacular Ukko from a short distance.
After the cruise, we’ll return to Ivalo, just in time for you to enjoy a relaxing evening.
Schedule and directions:
We start at 8:30 from Eräsoppi / Xwander shop (address Ivalontie 12). Please be at the shop latest at 8:15, so we have time for necessary preparations.
The total duration of the trip is around 8-9 h. We return to the shop between 17 and 18:00.
We have a pick up service for Inari, Ivalo and Saariselkä areas. Contact us ahead to book a transfer.
- This activity is run every Saturday in June-August
- The trip is executed with a minimum of 2 participants.
If you have any questions about the day or it’s activities you can contact us by email or phone:
010 200 7633
- Guide for the whole day
- Transportation from Eräsoppi / Xwander shop to Inari and back
- Tickets to museum and the cruise
What do I need to bring?
- Suitable clothes to spend whole day outside
- Drinks and small snacks may be a good idea
- Camera / phone for pictures
What is the cancellation policy?
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before the event
Book With Confidence
- Local family owned business
- Personalized service
- Flexible itineraries
- Small group sizes
- +358 10 200 7633
- Mon-Sat 10-17:00 (GMT+2) Or send us a message if you prefer