We cycle around the area of Ivalo, our trail goes trough the village, near by forests and in Ivalo river and its old riverbeds that the locals call “Vuopaja”. From our ready made tracks we can see some history of the village and how it developed around the Ivalo river. We see infrastructure how village survives flood periods and how locals move around the village area. We will have a stop for hot juice and some snack before finishing back to Xwander shop.
Photographer Juho Kuva / Visit Finland
Schedule and directions:
We start at 10:00 from Eräsoppi / Xwander shop (address Ivalontie 12). Please be at the shop latest at 9:45, so we have time for necessary preparations.
The total duration of the trip is around 2 h. We return to the shop between 12 and 13:00.
We have a pick up service for Inari, Nellim, Saariselkä and Kiilopää areas. Contact us ahead to book a transfer.
- This activity is run every Wednesday in November-April
- The trip is executed with a minimum of 2 participants.
If you have any questions about the day or it’s activities you can contact us by email or phone:
+358 10 200 7633
What is the cancellation policy?
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before the event
What do I need to bring?
- Clothes suitable for winter activities
- Warmer jacket for breaks
- Drink and snacks
Book With Confidence
- Local family owned business
- Personalized service
- Flexible itineraries
- Small group sizes
- Hot drinks and snacks by the fire
- Pick up from Ivalo region (Saariselkä & Kiilopää supplementary)