This four-day snow surfing camp is all about powder snow and winter magic in beautiful Lemmenjoki National park. Have you ever wondered if you could make expedition-style trip with eFatbikes to remote wilderness area to do downhill sport? Well with us you now can!
We will stay in a cozy wilderness cabin from where we do our daily assaults to nearby forest-covered hills to do surfing in the deep snow. We will ride our legs off and when we are done, we heat the sauna (Finnish hot-hot room for sweating and achieving both physical and mental cleansing).
If a full day of riding leaves you wanting more, we will strap on our head torches and continue riding after the daylight is gone and the darkness has settled. Riding in the dark is like stepping into the upside down world of Stranger Things. Going out after the sunset means that there is also a good possibility to see the Northern lights. Imagine standing on top of the fjell with green and purple light dancing in the sky! Then, when you’re ready, you descend, carving beautiful and soft turns towards our heated cabin where there’s a crackling fireplace, and a dinner, ready to be demolished. When your stomach is full, you’ll curl into your sleeping bag, only to wake up for another day to repeat the Madness!
- We need a minimum of 4 people for this trip to happen
What to Expect
- This excursion is held in the heart of the arctic winter so it is essential to bring suitable clothing and gear including warm winter boots like Sorels and insulated mittens.
- Please notice that we hike to our surf slopes and all the accents are made with snow shoes.
- For accommodation, we use a combination of heated tents and cabin depending on our group size.
- Video added for reference and differs from the offered tour
Arrival and Transfer
- Welcome brief with your guide and other participants.
- Travel to Lemmenjoki National Park by car.
- Hike to our lodging includeing lunch in between.
- Arrival at the lodging.
- Evening: Enjoy a welcome dinner.
- Option for participants: Relax or take a short evening fatbike hike to get familiar with the surroundings.
Full day of Snowsurfing fun in nearby forests
- Morning: Breakfast at the lodging.
- Snowsurfing in the nearby forests.
- Lunch: Either have a picnic outdoors or return to the lodging.
- Afternoon: Continue snowsurfing.
- Evening: Dinner at the lodging.
- Optional activity: Night snowsurfing with head torches.
More Snowsurfing and Side Activities
Book With Confidence
- Local family owned business
- Personalized service
- Flexible itineraries
- Small group sizes
- Pickups for Saariselkä - Ivalo areas
- Transfers to/from Lemmenjoki National Park
- Daily meals
- Snowsurf gear
- Camping gear
- eFatbikes for hike to lodging